We are looking for an Application Architect who will have the opportunity to lead the Katalyst application design and implementation, work closely with vessel operators, business and engineering leadership, and with all the other technical teams in the organization. The development environment is Agile based, with sprint releases that allow for coordinated, timely and impactful development.
Architect ideally is located in Chicago area, however remote locations are acceptable.
- Responsible for software architecture, design, and implementation of iOS and Android mobile Katalyst apps.
- Collect, analyze, review, documents and communicates business needs and requirements.
- Navigates tradeoffs to balance cloud, app, and device performance and costs to efficiently deliver on product requirements.
- Proactive in understanding vessel operator needs, the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the short and long-term direction of the business and technology./li>
- Leads and collaborates with UX team members, product marketers, and vessel operators to leverage learnings from user research and usability testing results to produce useful software and products.
- Leverage the latest technologies, tools, and frameworks to create industry leading consumer experiences that make our products a delight to own and use.
- Develops and improves product and processes at all times, assisting with the development of metrics, both within the technology and business organizations.
- Will help supervise the project work of other junior and 3rd party developers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related discipline is required.
- Ability to work effectively on project teams as a leader or as a participant. Proven track record of successful, large-scale mobile development projects from a leadership and development perspective.
- Minimum of 5 years of product/app development experience is required.
- Must have deep knowledge of Android and iOS mobile application development including React Native, NodeJS, Angular JS, and Swift experience to include both frontend and backend experience.
- Knowledgeable in the development of mobile applications that utilize cloud services (Azure is preferred) and how design models impact ongoing cloud cost.
- Knowledge of how to develop mobile applications in a secure manner that meet the principles of OWASP.
- Knowledge of source code management using version control and CI/CD t across a DEV-QA-PRD environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture including experience with offline data storage, cloud synchronization, and mobile app trends and best practices.
- Experience with Agile methodologies to align with business priorities, break down work into Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and iterate quickly on product changes.
- Knowledge in the following technical areas is considered a plus, but not required:
- AWS Cloud Services: (AWS IOT, Lambda, Dynamo DB, Cognito)
- Development and implementation experience with Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant smart home speakers
- Thorough understanding of structured analysis, design, programming techniques, and change management
Applicants interested in becoming part of K4 Mobility are invited to apply by
including an up to date resume outlining why you’d be suitable for this role.