We are looking for an experienced Satcom and RF Engineer who will be an expert in designing, developing, and testing radio frequency (RF) systems for integrated satellite and terrestrial networks.
What we are looking for:
10 to 15 years of experience in RF Engineering at a satellite or a wireless company.
Experience with antennas, modems and associated networking equipment used in satellite and wireless communication
Maritime industry experience preferred with an understanding of connectivity needs of various maritime segments
Experience with satellite and wireless air interface standards and protocols highly desired
- Sharp technology and business acumen with commercial orientation
- Self-Starter, Creative, Customer-Focused and Team and Goal-Oriented
- Metrics-oriented with a strong focus on results, ROI and scalability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, hands-on entrepreneurial environment
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Willingness to travel within and outside US as needed
What you will be doing:
- Work with Technology and Product organization to develop satellite and RF related products and roadmaps that help improve the performance, reliability and cost structure of internet connectivity to maritime vessels
- Perform link budget and other analysis to characterize performance
- Write product specifications, test procedures and interfaces with vendors
- Work with internal and external resources to develop and conduct prototype testing and trials
- Develop quality requirements to ensure that product designs and specifications are suited for volume manufacturing, field maintenance and offer high reliability
Supports sales and field services organization related to customer requirements and issues
Applicants interested in becoming part of K4 Mobility are invited to apply by including an up to date resume outlining why you’d be suitable for this role.